MSA Davits are portable and economical anchorage connectors to be used where a tripod will not work.
Features & Benefits
- Designed to serve as anchorage connector in personal fall arrest system Two-person capacity (up to 620 lbs)
- Push-Pull Davit Ladder Mount
- Minimum breaking strength of 3,600 pounds
- One-person capacity (up to 310 lbs)
- Column Davits
- Constructed of a rigid steel arm measuring 77 inches tall with a reach of 30 inches
- Folding Davits
- Designed for use in systems to lift and lower personnel and materials
- Pivots 360° for personnel and material handling
- One-person capacity (up to 310 lbs)
- Vertical Davit Ladder Mount
- Removable davit arm has mounting locations for anchor points, SRLs, and material/personnel hoists
- Two-person capacity (up to 620 lbs)
Options & Specifications
- For use on fixed steel ladders meeting OSHA 29CFR 1926.1050 and ANSI A14.3-1984. Rung spacing should be 12 inches (30.5 cm), clear distance between the side rails should be at least 16 inches (40.6 cm), clearance behind the ladder should be at least 7 inches (17.8 cm), and clearance on the climbing side of the ladder should be at least 30 inches (76.2 cm). The maximum intended load on the ladder must be determined by the qualified person responsible for the design, installation and use of the system. The criteria defining a qualified person are established by OSHA.
- Capacity is two persons, each weighing up to 310 lbs (141 kg) for personnel including weight of the user-borne objects.
- Maximum capacity is 620 lbs (242 kg).
- The vertical davit assembly and davit mounting receptacle, when used with the MSA Dyna-Lock or Dynevac, meet ANSI Z359.1-1992, ANSI A10.14-1991, and OSHA regulations dealing with fall arrest systems. These instructions and the labels on the product, fulfill the requirements of those standards and regulations.
- The vertical davit assembly and davit mounting receptacle meet the applicable requirements of OSHA regulation 29CFR1910.146 and ANSI Z117.1.
- The vertical davit assembly and davit mounting receptacle must be used together. They are designed to anchor a personal fall arrest system. They may also be used to lift and lower personnel and materials.
- Material used in construction of the vertical davit assembly and davit mounting receptacle is (a) square structural steel tubing conforming to ASTM A500, Grade B and (b) steel plate conforming to ASTM A36. Welds conform to AWS code specification. Plating conforms to ASTM B633. Hardware conforms to ASA B18.2.I-1965; bolts are SAE Grade 5.
|Part No.||Description||More Information|
DAVIT COLUMN ASSY 108"
Push-Pull davit - Ladder Mount, bolts to ladder and retracts to allow hatch cover to close, extends 60" above hatch when extended
RECEPTACLE STANCHION DAVIT 415954
DAVIT STANCHION DV HORIZ 415971
VERTICAL RECEPTACLE,DAVIT MTG,COLUMN DVT
DAVIT,PIVOT,360 DEGREES PIVOT AT TOP
Surface mounting receptacle for Column davit arm
Column davit arm, 30" reach, 77" working height boom arm swivels to extend over work area
Folding davit arm, 24" reach, 77" working height, swivels to extend over work area, folds for ease of transport and storage
Folding davit base
BASE ASSY FOLDING DAVIT SST 506623
Receptacle for Vertical davit arm - Ladder Mount (bolts to ladder)
Vertical davit arm - Ladder Mount
DAVIT STANCHION ANCHORAGE 506677
RECEPTACLE STANCHION DAVIT 506678
- Confined Space
- Working at Heights
Approvals & Certifications
Meets applicable ANSI and OSHA requirements
Product Literature & User Information
- Instruction Manual: Column Davit with Base Mounting Receptacle
- Instruction Manual: Column Davit with Vertical Mounting Receptacle
- Instruction Manual: Folding Davit & Mounting Base
- Instruction Manual: Push-Pull Davit System
- Instruction Manual: Vertical Mount Davit System