Where Innovation Meets Tradition
Features of the NEW Impact Cap for
MSA Cairns 1010/1044 Fire Helmets:
- Fewer components make the new impact cap easier to maintain, clean, and upgrade with our unique Defender® Visor
- Defender Visor automatically installed or enabled—no additional cap or hardware needed. Just order your Defender Visor lens kit
- Fits head sizes 6-3/8 to 8-3/4
- Designed for use with a 4-pt chinstrap to help improve helmet retention. Also accomodates a 2-pt chinstrap
- With the nape arm/speedy button mechanism, the nape strap location is adjusted in seconds - without the use of tools!
- Easy to retrofit into your MSA Cairns 1010/1044 Fire Helmet
- Washable, easily removed impact cap helps enforce NFPA 1851 requirements
With MSA Cairns, You Get More than You Pay For:
We know, as do firefighters, that MSA Cairns Fire Helmets are the most durable products on the market. We back up that claim with a 10-year lifetime warranty that the products will be be free from defects in materials and/or faulty workmanship.1 When you factor in the quality, ease of maintenance and unique safety features found ONLY in MSA Cairns Fire Helmets, it's easy to see why firefighters are fiercely loyal to the MSA Cairns brand.
MSA Cairns1010/1044 Fire Helmets now offer the NEW impact cap, plus these features:
- New impact cap comes with upgrade hardware built right in for significant time and money savings!
- Retractable eyewear system that stows neatly, cleanly, and securely inside the helmet
- Deploys quickly, even with a gloved hand
- Features quick disconnect for fast, tool-free lens change
- Optically correct lens eliminates peripheral distortion
- Available new or as user-upgrade kit
- Replacement lenses are on the program
- Simple to replace or take out to launder
- Kits include mesh laundering bag and are available for various combinations of liners and ear laps
- All kits are on the program
- Easy to order part numbers for extra soft goods and kits; can be added to ATO if needed
- PBI/Kevlar or Bloodborne Pathogen materials, as well as underchin extension, also available for earlaps
- Flexes with impact to absorb energy
- Lower profile than many competitors’ helmets
- Fiberglass composite can be painted and is available as the 1010 (eight colors); unpainted shells are available as the 1044 (four colors)
Suspension and Retention Systems
- Unique Shell Release System (SRS) helps to ensure impact cap stays on your head if helmet shell is dislodged
- Exclusive headband interface provides easy adjustment to fit a variety of SCBAs
- Provides a deep, stable fit while allowing enough crown clearance for maximum impact protection
- Standard 6-point configuration
Same Day Shipping on Our Most Popular Items
When you can’t afford to wait another day! We offer our most popular MSA Cairns products in our Stock-Order-Ship (SOS) program. For these products, if your order is entered by 2:30 PM, the product ships the same day from our warehouse in Pittsburgh, PA. Look for the SOS symbol beside products in the program. Remember, too, you can always order customized MSA Cairns Fire Helmets through Assemble-to-Order (ATO). ATO forms are on every fire helmet product page on www.MSASafety.com.
1 10-year warranty applies only to MSA Cairns helmets manufactured on or after January 1, 2015. For details on MSA Cairns Fire Helmet 10-Year Warranty, please see www.MSAFire.com.