MSA Safety Incorporated (“MSA”, also “we”) owns this website and its subpages (hereinafter collectively referred to as “website”). As “The Safety Company,” safeguarding your privacy is very important to us. We take the protection and safety of your personal data seriously and are committed to maintaining its confidentiality, availability and integrity of information and data as part of our business process. We strive to ensure that personal data collected during visits to our website is processed by us strictly in accordance with applicable law.
Objective and Scope
This Data Privacy Statement provides transparency about any personal data that may be processed through this website (material scope) and the respective safeguards provided to website visitors that reside in the European Union (personal scope), in line with Art. 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation1 (GDPR), as well as local law based on the EU ePrivacy Directive2 and the Cookie Directive3.
MSA, as owner and service provider of this website, is the controller of the data processing. For the identity and the contact details of the controller and of the controller's representative, please see http://msasafety.com/imprint
Data Protection Officer
MSA has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you are an EU resident with questions or comments on how MSA processes personal data, please feel free to contact the DPO via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection and Processing of Personal Data and its Purpose
When you visit our website, we normally store certain details about your browser and operating system, the website from which you were referred, the subpages that you visit on our website, and the date of your visit. Any personal data is collected and processed in accordance with the above is only for the purpose of technical administration of the website.
MSA uses social plugins for social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. When you visit our website, these social plugins are deactivated by default. Without your intervention, no data will be sent to these respective social networks.
You can activate a social plugin while visiting the website by clicking on the respective social media icons that appear on our various subpages. Once the social plugin is activated, a direct link to the server of the selected social network is established. The contents of the button are then transmitted from the social network directly to your browser which then incorporates it in the website.
Please note that a social network may be able to retrieve data independently of whether you interact with the social plugin button or not. If you are logged on to a social network, the network can assign your visit to the website through your social network user account. A social network cannot assign a visit to other websites unless and until you activate the respective button there as well. If you want to prevent the combination of data retrieved from your visit to our website with your membership data, you will need to log out from the social network concerned prior to activating any social plugin buttons.
MSA can neither influence nor control the extent or scope data that is collected by social networks through their plugin buttons. Please refer to the data privacy statements of the respective social networks for such information.
- Summary of functional (or required) cookies:
- Remember your country and language selection
- Remember your login information
- Maintain your logged in session and shopping cart
- Tracking cookies:
- Collect anonymous information about the usage of our website
- Help us make improvements to our website based on how our visitors interact with it
- Targeting cookies are used to:
- Display our campaigns to you on other websites
Should you choose to disable or delete cookies using your preferred browser's settings, please be aware that some pages or functions may not perform as intended. Please use the "Help" feature in your browser for more information.
Analysis of Usage
We use advertising tracking tools and essential tracking tools to identify visitor preferences and popular areas of our internet presence. This allows us to adapt the content of our website more specifically to your needs and thereby improve the content offered to you.
We use the following advertising tracking cookies:
We use the following essential cookies:
- Google Tag Manager (http://www.google.com)
For security reasons (e.g. to identify attacks on our website), the IP address assigned to you by your internet service provider is stored by MSA for 60 days.
Requests from Government Authorities
Personal data is transferred to government organizations and authorities only to the extent required by applicable law. If a competent government organization or authority makes a request to MSA for personal data, we will analyze whether such request is justified on a case-by-case basis.
We also offer you the opportunity to subscribe to newsletters through our website. Data provided during newsletter registration will be used only for the purposes of sending out the newsletter unless you have provided consent for other uses, such as receiving other advertising or information related to MSA. You can cancel the newsletter subscription at any time by using the unsubscribe option provided in the newsletter.
When applying for a job opportunity with MSA, applicants will typically provide us with personal information. Such information may include, for example, first name, surname, mailing and email addresses, telecommunications data, educational details, historical career information and related references. Personal data provided during the application process will be used only for the purposes of considering your application unless you have provided your consent for other uses (e.g., permission to contact you or retain your personal daya for similar career opportunities in the future).
Legal Basis for Processing
We will only process your personal data:
- if you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- if and to the extent the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps;
- at your specific request prior to entering into a contract;
- if and to the extent the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- if and to the extent the processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person;
- if and to the extent the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us; or
- if and to the extent the processing is necessary for the safeguard or pursuit of legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party except where such interests are outweighed by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which requires protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a minor.
We only process traffic and other location data, itemised billing, and line identification data that is subject to and in compliance with the above-named conditions, which are based upon the GDPR and local law based on the ePrivacy Directive. We only process cookies subject to and in compliance with the above-named conditions based on the GDPR and with the local law based on the Cookie Directive.
Recipients and Third Country Data Transfer
MSA’s directors, officer, employees, agents, and representatives may have access to personal data on a need-to-know basis if they need to carry out legitimate tasks.
The website is hosted in the USA, which means that certain data that you provide may require cross-border transfer.. Such transfer will take place taking into account the applicability and scope of EU legal regulations.
MSA uses technical and organizational security measures to protect the data supplied by you and managed by us to ensure its confidentiality, availability and integrity. These security measures are protected against manipulation, loss, destruction, and access by third parties, and our website security is continually being improved in line with developing technology.
Right to Information
As a data subject, you have the right to request from MSA whether and what personal data of yours has been stored by us. If you are registered as a user, we also enable you to view the data yourself and, if applicable, to delete or amend it. If incorrect information is stored, despite our efforts to ensure that data is accurate and up to date, we will correct it at your request. MSA will respond to any such requests for information, deletion, or amendment in writing and as soon as reasonably possible.
To make a request about your personal data, or if you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) via email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in our products and services, and we hope you find your visit to the website worthwhile.
1 REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
2 Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 July 2002 concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector (Directive on privacy and electronic communications)
3 DIRECTIVE 2009/136/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 25 November 2009 amending Directive 2002/22/EC on universal service and users’ rights relating to electronic communications networks and services, Directive 2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector and Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 on cooperation between national authorities responsible for the enforcement of consumer protection laws
4. Limitations of Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MSA, ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR ANY THIRD PARTY RETAINED BY THE MSA PARTIES TO CREATE, PRODUCE, UPDATE OR DELIVER CONTENT FOR THE WEBSITE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, GOODWILL OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS, INCLUDING THE INABILITY TO SO ACCESS THE WEBSITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER SUCH POTENTIAL LIABILITY ARISES AT LAW OR IN EQUITY, ON THE BASIS OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS EVEN IF MSA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES. TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ARE VOID OR UNENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THEN SUCH PART SHALL BE STRICKEN AND THE REMAINING LIMITATIONS SHALL REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT, AND MSA’S LIABILITY SHALL BE EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. Indemnification. You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MSA and its affiliates, and its and their directors, officers, employees and agents against any claims, demands, actions, damages, costs, or other liabilities, including expenses and attorney's fees, to the extent arising from your access to or use of this website. MSA reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which case such costs of defense will be borne by MSA.
7. Links to Other Websites. MSA may, from time to time, include on this website links to third party websites. Accessing such links will require you to exit this website. You bear all risk arising from the navigation to such websites via a link from our website, and MSA makes no warranty or representation regarding the content on any linked website. Such website links do not imply that MSA in any way sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted work displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked website is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted work of MSA. You also agree that MSA is not responsible or liable for the availability of, or content on, other websites or for supplementing, updating or correcting information contained on other websites.