G1 SCBA NFPA 2018 Edition
NFPA 2018 Standard Updates
- Two distinct actions required to remove the regulator: In order to disconnect the regulator from the facepiece, there must be two distinct actions taken by the user (i.e. press AND pull)
- Facepiece regulator connection strength test: Regulator connection requirements now require 56.2 pounds for pull testing
- Pneumatic data logging for SCBA specific events: The SCBA is required to record breathing rate and cylinder pressure which are to be timestamped
- Interoperability requirements between different SCBA manufacturers’ EBSS systems: The Emergency Breathing Safety System has been standardized regardless of manufacturer to allow for interoperability
- Update to common PASS alarms: The sound is now a universal tone, regardless of manufacturer. This was introduced in the 2013 Standard (Tentative Interim Agreement 13-2).
- Pass System radio (telemetry) functionality tests: Update to the functionality testing required for telemetry use.