When you’re thousands of feet down a mineshaft, you have to know you can trust your equipment. That’s why people turn to MSA.
Our unwavering commitment to mine safety has never changed.button here
Leading the Way in Underground Mining
Below the earth’s surface, the dangers are far different than anything seen above ground. We’ll help keep you safe.
MSA delivers whole body protection every day at the mine.
- Head: MSA is the world leader in head protection. Experience the difference yourself and you’ll quickly see why.View all head protection products
- Eyes: Unparalleled protection with options and style to fit every need. View all eye protection products
- Face:With 50+ face shields, frames and chin protectors, you’ll always find just the right face protection. View all face protection products
- Hearing: We offer passive and electronic hearing protection for nearly every mining application. View all hearing protection products
V-Gard® Full Brim Hard Hats
The MSA V-Gard Helmet, with its distinctive trademark “V” design, is a world recognized brand known for comfort, quality, and durability. MSA has sold well over 100 million V-Gard Helmets since its introduction – so many in fact, that the iconic “V” design has been a mainstay for many years on even the toughest worksites. When you want the best comfort, quality and durability worn by millions across the globe, you need to buy the original MSA V-Gard Helmet, settle for nothing less.View details
Always know what’s in the air around you
- Reliable: Our portable gas detectors keep their exacting accuracy in the most challenging confined-space conditions.
- Flexible: As your environments change, our detectors quickly adapt to new conditions.
- Innovative: All of our products combine advanced sensor technology with proven durability.
- Easy-to-use: Portable gas detection so intuitive, you can focus on safety rather than confusing interfaces.
ALTAIR® 4X Mining Multigas Detector
MSA’s new ALTAIR® 4X Mining Multigas Detector is driven by XCell® Sensor Technology with ASIC design.Technology offers durability and performance for mining applications. Methane-optimized catalytic bead sensor provides increased stability over time. Dependable multigas detector tests for LEL, oxygen, carbon monoxide, and hydrogen sulfide.View details
Fall protection that has your back.
MSA offers a wide range of fall protection systems you can customize for your underground mining needs.View all fall protection products
MSA G1 Industrial SCBA
The industrial version of one of our most trusted products in the Fire Service industry, the G1 Industrial SCBA contains many unique design features that reduce stress and fatigue while improving performance and ease of maintenance. The new G1 iRC (industrial remote cylinder connection) version is a SCBA platform that features a remote cylinder connection, available with both threaded and quick connect attachments. It allows for cylinder compatibility among other MSA SCBA such as the G1 NFPA, Airhawk 2 and Firehawk M7.View details
What’s New in Mining Underground
Helpful Information and Resources
Now you can breathe easier.
MSA shows you how to comply with the new Respiratory Protection Standard.
It’s time for a deep dive into the MSHA Personal Protective Equipment Handbook.
Everything you need to know about respiratory protection, self-rescue devices, and personal body protection in the mine.