MSA’s 8 Hour Confined Space Awareness training course is designed for those individuals who are responsible for managing and overseeing employees working in confined space entry activities.
- Defining Confined Spaces. Explain legislative, consensus standards and operational requirements.
- Explain roles, responsibilities and procedures for Confined Space operations.
- Identify typical hazards and associated risks. How to assess and control hazards.
- Manage entry permits and hot work permits.
- Identifying hazardous Energy sources & selecting adequate LOTO & isolation equipment.
- Managing contractors and coordinating documentation
- Selection, application & maintenance of adequate equipment for confined space entry-Fall protection, gas detection.
- Applying correct ventilation techniques.
- Select and use respiratory protection equipment (SCBA and SAR).
- Requirements for plans & procedures for Confined Space entry.
- Emergency response procedures and confined space rescue hierarchy techniques.