This course is designed for technicians or firefighters, who through their job function, are required to perform overhauls, adjustments, flow testing and trouble shooting on mask mounted open circuit self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Those who should attend are Individuals recertifying their C.A.R.E. qualification with MSA breathing air products. They will need to be identified as qualified by their employer to attend an MSA C.A.R.E recertification class and currently employed by an MSA Authorized Repair Center.
- Explain theory of operation for an MSA Firehawk SCBA
- Identify key sub-assemblies of an MSA Firehawk SCBA
- Demonstrate disassembly and inspection process
- Demonstrate reassembly and functional test
- Perform overhaul of complete SCBA system
- Demonstrate First and Second stage regulator and Primary Alarm adjustments
- Make adjustments and flow test using PosiChek 3 tester